Sleek Vintage Romance Eyeshadow Palette Review!


 I believe this Sleek palette came out in February with a blush (Antique) in time for Valentine's Day and to be honest, I wasn't that excited (and not just because I was single on Valentine's...*sniff*).


It was just recently however,  that I heard some good things about it from other beauty bloggers and if you're subscribed to the Sleek Newsletter, you'll know that they're re-promoting it to go with the purple trend for this Summer.

So I thought I'd give it a go...


Every time I get a Sleek product, I'm reminded how much I really do love their packaging. It's just that, "sleek".



Like all the iDivine palettes, all the names of the shades come on a plastic sheet inside.



Top Row L to R: Pretty in Paris, Meet in Madrid, Court in Cannes, Lust in L.A., Romance in Rome, Propose in Prague
Bottom Row L to R: A Vow in Venice, Marry in Monte Carlo, Honeymoon in Hollywood, Bliss in Barcelona, Forever in Florence, Love in London



Arm Swatches (Top Row to Bottom Row, L to R)

Summary
Off the bat, I have to say the palette was really well put together. I love the colours range, it's a nice collection of purples, berries and golds which are some of my favourite colours.
What I really love though, are the range of different finishes There's a clever mix of sheens, shimmers and glitters which give the palette a lot more character than I was expecting.
There are endless looks you can create with this so I look forward to playing round with it a little more.
The only thing that made me a little disappointed was that I don't feel like the quality of the eyeshadows live up to those of the other Sleek palettes I own. I had quite a difficult time swatching some of the shades, namely 'Propose in Prague' (6th from the left) which was the faintest of them all.
 Romance in Rome (5th from the left), Forever in Florence and Love in London (1st and 2nd from the right) also, all had this particularly dry texture which I was quite surprised by because that isn't normal for Sleek.
Perhaps it was just my palette, I'm not sure.
I'm just hoping that they haven't changed the formula for future palettes because blending proved to be a little difficult with the shades I mentioned.
Other than that, it's a welcome addition to my Sleek palette collection!
Do you have any Sleek eyeshadow palettes? What's your favourite?
God Bless and Take Care
Fofo x


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment