Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette 'Hot Smoked' Review


This is one of the products I will be showing in Part 3 of my Massive Collective Haul but in the meantime, here is a little review on the Hot Smoked' Redemption Palette from Makeup Revolution.
It was not featured in my first post about this company because at the time, it was still being delivered.



To give you an idea about the size, here is the 'Hot Smoked' palette up-close-and-personal to the 'Dusk til Dawn' palette from MUA.


Both have twelve colours but, as you can hopefully see in the above picture, Makeup Revolution's palettes have more product with 14g versus MUA's 9.6g. 
Both retail for £4.


This palette is a fabulously obvious dupe to the Urban Decay 'Smoked' palette
If the colours didn't give it away, the name sure did!

Arm swatches of all the colours without primer

The shades are nameless but I have a sneaky suspicion that you'll find some, if not all the colours in MR's single eyeshadows.

Photographed above and below are MR single eyeshadows in Insomnia (Left) and In the Deep (Right) next to their respective twins, shades 7 and 8 from the Hot Smoked Palette.

(L to R) Insomnia, Shade 7, In The Deep, Shade 8

Summary

I know I raved on and on about how amazing the lipsticks were, but these eyeshadows truly follow suit.
The quality felt so good, that for the price, I almost felt as if I was robbing them.

Each colour is easily buildable although some shades may not require it because they're so intense
I'm thinking with a good primer, these will stand the test of time but without, you're already getting great colour pay off.

They're not chalky, gliding onto the eyelid very smoothly. Definitely comparable to the Sleek eyeshadows but with minimal fallout.

As you could see from the pictures above, the only thing you'd need to watch out for is accidentally doubling up on shades if you plan on purchasing their single eyeshadows as well. I don't have any of the other palettes they offer but keep an eye out for 'dupes' just in case.

Among the many things I love about Makeup Revolution, is the fact that they make it much easier for me to explore my creativity in makeup. You will get the look and feel of high end products without breaking the bank!
Recently they had, what can only be described as, an influx of brand new products and the launch of a sister brand called 'I  Makeup'. I can't keep up!
Definitely worth having a look.


God Bless and Take Care,

Fofo x



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment