Freedom Makeup London Pro Melts Swatches and Review

Before their launch, Freedom Makeup London posted some swatches of these Pro-Melts on their instagram and I knew immediately that I'd love them!

  They're similar in finish to the Melted lip colors from Too Faced and the LA Girl glazed lip paints, but these have a doe-foot applicator which make them much easier to apply precisely. 

With the exception of one, all the colours are INCREDIBLY intense so very little was needed to get awesome colour pay off.
Have a look at the swatches!


Smooth. A shocking pink.
On dark skin, this would go really nicely with Vamp lip liner from Makeup Revolution
In these photos though, no lipliner has been used.

Just Do It. A royal meets navy blue.
This is the one I had to work with the most. 
The majority of the colour you see in the photos comes from Makeup Revolution Bad Girl Blue eyeliner which I applied all over my lips. 
(An idea I got from my blogger friend Lauren. Check out her blog here.)
I applied Just Do It on top to help seal the pencil colour in but it did little else.

D-ream. Really light brown nude.
This can work for my skin tone with a lot of brown lip liner (as shown below) but I would absolutely love to see darker nude shades for this product to suit deeper skin tones. 
I love the finish on these so it would be great to have the option of wearing them without a lip liner.

Wanted. A vibrant blue-purple.
A little too similar for me to the many Makeup Revolution Depraved/Depravity products.
However out of the many different forms of this colour, the Pro Melt is my favourite because it's easy to apply and has the best staying power.
 A liner is a MUST for this on dark skin. 
Here I've paired it with MR Vamp liner but I wish I'd used a bit more.

TGIF. My favourite! 
This smouldering red shade is special. 
I've paired it here with MR Vamp liner again for the ombre effect and this combo is giving me so much life! 
If you are dark skinned and only want to try one of these, this is the shade to go for!

L to R: TGIF, Just Do It, Wanted, D-ream, Smooth

My Thoughts...

These do tend to drag the lip a little but it's worth it for the staying power. It's easier to apply over a little lip balm.
There are also similar products available in most of the same shades called Pro Butters, which sound as if they have a much smoother application, so there's always that option.
They're the same price too, £3.

These are not, I repeat, these are NOT traditional lipglosses.
While there's no 'gloss', there is the ever-so-slight creamy finish that you'd get from using an actual lipstick.

I'm absolutely loving the vibrant and modern colour selection and hope they continue to add more shades to this line.
Liquid lipsticks are so trendy right now so I have a feeling these will be pretty popular!


Take Care and God Bless,
Fofo x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment