Makeup Revolution Lip/Eye Pencil Collection and Review!

The seal around these pencils were pretty hard to remove but they were sooo worth it.

I've anticipated these lip/eye pencils for THE longest time, unsure until some months ago if Makeup Revolution were even going to make them!

There are currently 8 lip pencils and 9 eyeliners available including 5 which make up the Hypocrisy Collection.

Eyeliners

Arghhh these swatches make me so happy! My camera does not do them justice at all.
They're so soft and the colours are extremely vivid.
Just delightful!

Hypocrisy Collection
L to R: Baddest Blue, Depraved, Vice, Tipx, Crime

Baddest Blue is extremely similar to MUA Royal Blue pencil eyeliner.
Nevertheless, this is definitely a pop of colour you need to be wearing this Summer.

Vice is the perfect colour to match the eponymous  Amazing Lipstick. 
If you follow my blog, you'll already know how I feel about orange lip colours (read my post on orange lip colours for dark skin here) so there's no need to dwell on the awesomeness that is this shade.

Depraved and Crime are a little more pastel than their respective Amazing Lipsticks which threw me a little but they are still very beautiful.

Cleverly named Tipx is a basic essential, everyone needs a white eyeliner in their makeup collection. Period.


From the normal range of eyeliners, I got Bad Girl Blue and Iconic Brown.
L to R: Iconic Brown, Bad Girl Blue

Bad Girl Blue is probably my favourite out of the bunch. Compared with Baddest Blue, it's a little darker and teal-ish. This'll probably look great on the waterline with a dark smoky eye but better still, as a unique lip colour. 
I'm going to have to get another one just for that!

Suprisingly, I found Iconic Brown to be the most gorgeous nude lip colour for ebony skin tones that Makeup Revolution have released so far. If you you are looking for a true matte soft brown lip, this is exactly what you need in your kit.

Lipliners

L to R: Vamp, Rebel, Cherry Red

Vamp lip liner is extremely similar to (and cheaper than) my favourite lip pencil from Barry M in 'Plum 11'. As the name suggests, it's a vampy aubergine colour, an essential tone for ebony skin.
This one did swatch a tiny bit harder than the others but the colour is buildable.

I don't even know how to describe Rebel or Cherry Red
The business? The cat's pyjamas? LIFE?
They are sensationally beautiful and I have, on several occasions, worn them on their own as lip colours. 

Ombre Lip using Cherry Red and Vamp

I have a pretty deep complexion so for these to show up so intense against my skin is incredibly impressive for any brand. You won't find colours this vivid for (only) £1 anywhere else, I'm sure of it.

I'd love to see a few more liners added to either Makeup Revolution or Freedom Makeup London that are dark skin-friendly. Especially if they're able to dupe MAC Chestnut lip pencil.
I know so many chocolate girls who would be interested in buying a more affordable version of this particular liner.

As always, I'm looking forward to what's next with Makeup Revolution and the makers' new brand, Freedom Makeup London!
It's all so exciting!

Take Care and God Bless,

Fofo x





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment